Dear Praying Family and Friends,
“With God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26b. This Bible verse is up on our hallway wall of the floating house. It has been a blessing and a comfort to us as we saw God work throughout the construction of the house. There were obstacles that stood in our way but we stood firm because we knew that God would make the house a reality. Furthermore, We stand firm in our calling to work with Brazilians who live along the rivers here. It was God who made it possible!!!
Thank you for praying for our family. This has been a busy month for our family. Annie and Jay spent two weeks with us. During their stay, we ate piranha, we fished almost every day, Jay and Don went alligator hunting, we spent time in two different villages and we went to the zoo. They also helped us sand and varnish the outside of the floating house. We had a great time together and we were very blessed to have them in Manaus with us!!
Thanks for your prayers and support. We are still working on the construction of the floating house. It is not quite finished yet. For the past two weeks, we have been working on making the wooden windows for the patio/porch area. For the last few days, we varnished them and the trim for all the windows on the outside of the floating house. The next step will be sanding the patio/porch floor and the wooden inside wall. Then we will be able to varnish them. The other two things that still need to be completed are putting up the PVC overhangs on the roof outside and painting the outside walk-around.
Since our last update, we have made two different trips to the small city in which we will move the floating house probably in September. This city has a population of about 10,000+ people. Please pray that we will find the right spot to park the floating house in front of the city. Pray that we will find a ‘person of peace’ that will help us make connections in the city. The water in the rivers here are dropping every day now. Thus, we need to make our first move to this city before the water level gets too low.
Thank you for praying for Pastor Brelaz and the treatment center. We are still helping with the homeless ministry on Wednesday nights. We are seeing many homeless people come and listen to the Gospel and receive sandwiches and a drink at the end of the night. Check out the photos and history at www.casareviveramazonas.com just click on the left hand side of the webpage.
- Continue to pray for Afonso (the man who was the original builder of the floating house) and his family.
- Please pray that we would be “bold witnesses for Christ” to the men at the marina where the floating house is parked and to all the Brazilians here.
- Please pray for our parents and other family members. Praise the Lord, Dawn’s father was baptized a few Sundays ago. Please pray that he would grow in his faith.
- Please pray that we would be obedient to do God’s will and not our own. We are anxious to be about the ministry God has called us to on the river. Pray that we would make good connections with the people group that we will be working alongside.
- Please pray for our friend Maggie who has been staying with us for the past two months. She flies back to the states on Monday, July 18, 2011. Pray that she would have good flights and that her luggage would make it back with her.
Pray for us as we fly to Sao Paulo for a mission meeting July 23-29, 2011. Please pray that we would enjoy the time we get to spend with other missionaries who serve Christ all over Brazil. Thank you for interceding for us. God has truly blessed us to have you all as part of our team!! We want to thank you for all your prayers, support and encouraging emails. We love you all.
For the glory and honor of Jesus Christ,
Don and Dawn Friesen