May 22, 2011
Dear Praying Family and Friends,
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice! Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:4-7. We know that prayer is the foundation for all that we do in our ministry here. You, as our prayer partners have stood in the gap for us and we are appreciative of your faithfulness in praying for us and the completion of the floating house. Through the frustrations and trials of building the floating house, we have felt your prayers and encouragement. We are so grateful to have you on our team!
We just got back from Brasilia yesterday. We were there for eight days of training on how to use chronological Bible storying with oral learners. We were able to use what we learned during our morning sessions as we went out into two different communities in the afternoons to share the Bible stories. We were blessed to see so many receptive hearts as we put what we learned into practice. Please pray for those that heard the Bible stories and also for the Pastor who will begin a new work in this area.
Praise!! We are finally ready to move onto the floating house! We will make the move on Monday. The floating house is not completely finished yet but the livable space is ready to be occupied. This past month, we got the trim done around all the doors and windows and we varnished the floors. Now, we only have the patio/porch to finish and the outside of the house. We will sand and varnish the patio/porch wooden walls and floor and make wooden windows for it also. On the outside of the house, we still need to sand and varnish the walls and paint the walk around. Thank you for all the prayers in regards to the floating house over the last five months. We are excited to finally see it come to a completion and we are looking forward to living on it and to begin our ministry with river communities.
- Please pray for our daughter Kandi and her girlfriend Maggie as they make their way here to Manaus on Monday. They will arrive on Tuesday.
- Pray for our oldest daughter Annie and her husband Jay who will be coming to Manaus on June 12th. They will stay for two weeks.
- Continue to pray for Afonso (the man who was building the floating house) and his family. Pray that we can still have a relationship with him and his family.
- Please pray that we would be “bold witnesses for Christ” to the men at the marina where the floating house is being built and to all the Brazilians here.
- Please pray for our parents and other family members.
We are grateful for your prayers.
Dawn & Don